Advertisers are always on the lookout for the next big thing in terms of hitting their target audience, and facial recognition technology is called into play this time around. Just how will it be applied? For starters, you will have the software behind a digital billboard or kiosk analyze your mug, coming up with the gender and age details. Once that is done, it will be able to narrow down on the kind of ads that you would most probably fall for, working out great for both the advertiser and target audience – as you get to see what you want, and they sell stuff to the person most likely to buy it.
All of this will need plenty of historical data to rely on, and sometimes, I am quite sure there are always exceptions to the rule – folks whose faces don’t really reflect their inner convictions and train of thought.
On the other hand, such ads being strategically targeted might just come in handy as it can help you decide on whether to pick up a particular piece of clothing or choose your dinner dish. What do you think? Is AI getting too uncanny for your liking?
Next Story: Zero-Carbon House might be a reality soon
- The Willow Bar In San Francisco Bar Bans Google Glass
- Fitbit Working With Government Agency To Resolve Fitbit Force Skin Irritations
- First Sign Hair Clip Could Help Deter Violent Crime Against Women
- Samsung Galaxy Gear 2, Gear 2 Neo, Gear Fit Pricing Revealed [Rumor]
- Are Hoverboards Real? This Video Wants Us To Think So!