It is said that a leaked copy of BlackBerry OS 184.108.40.2063 is floating around, and for those who actually know how code works, they would have found some sort of Android code within. The whole reason behind that? Well, we do know that RIM’s developers intend to include some sort of Android emulation in the QNX platform, so perhaps this leaked copy has all the relevant information. Perhaps it is just one specific routine, but without any further release of some sort of source code, it can be rather hard to say.
Do you think that there will be Android-powered BlackBerrys in the future that do not just rely on emulation? Perhaps, but as with most cases, only time will tell. Right now, we will just have to play the waiting game. That doesn’t mean you shouldn’t get an Android-powered phone right now if you want or need one.
Next Story: Panasonic FZ150 [Camera]
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2014-04-10: Chrome Beta For Android Updated
- 2011-07-17: BlackBerry 7 OS to deliver updated virtual keyboard
- 2011-07-11: A 16-year old's vision of the Blackberry OS 8
- 2011-05-24: BlackBerry 7 OS leaks out
- 2011-05-09: Google Android overtakes BlackBerry in operating system market share
- 2011-05-02: BlackBerry Enterprise Solution to work on multiple platforms