It seems that the more affordable 8GB iPhone has moved on from mythical status to being a real product, as Asian suppliers to Apple have started working on the more affordable version of the iPhone 4 that will carry just 8GB of internal memory, according to a couple of folks who are in the know. The 8GB flash memory will be manufactured by a Korean company, although one half of the source refused to name the company. At press time, we do know that Apple sources its flash memory from Toshiba and Samsung Electronics, so associate one of the two with Korean and you ought to get your answer.
Bear in mind that such information has yet to be made public, so it could still be a rumor, although the chances of that happening is very, very low. Samsung themselves did not want to comment on the matter. If the 8GB iPhone 4 is released, then it would join the 16GB and 32GB models, and it might just end up being a bestseller in developing markets for folks who always wanted an iPhone 4 but never really had the financial clout to bring one home.
It is expected to launch within weeks, according to the two sources. What do you think – will the cheaper 8GB iPhone sell like hotcakes?RELATED
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Lightstrap Turns Your iPhone Into A Flash Ring
- Typo Keyboard Is An Upcoming Keyboard Case For The iPhone
- Follow: Apple Inc, iPhone, iphone 4, iphone4,
- Seen at: reuters