Let’s face it, there probably have been more than one occasion when you’ve tripped over your phone’s cable while it was charging, only to see it fall smack onto the floor. It’s an especially heartbreaking moment, even more so when the device is brand new. Laptops are no exception to this scenario as well which is why Apple came up with the MagSafe adapter that would allow the charging cable to come out easily without pulling your laptop along with it.
It seems that Apple has been successful in applying for a patent that suggests that it would be bringing the same MagSafe technology to iOS devices, which means that tripping over your iPhone or iPad while charging will no longer be a heart wrenching experience.
We’re not sure if we will be seeing this MagSafe adapter for iOS devices appear in the next-generation iPhone, although we’re hoping that this technology won’t be limited to future iOS devices and that it will be backwards compatible. It’s not a must-have feature, but it will definitely be a welcome one.RELATED
- iPhone Air Concept Takes Design Inspiration From The iPad Air
- iPhone Dock Concept Turns Your Phone Into A Bedside Lamp
- Low-Cost iPhone Concept Rendering Looks Pretty Decent
- Former Apple Designer Creates More Subdued iOS 7 Icons As A Concept
- Is This What iOS 7 Could Look Like?
- Follow: iOS, iPad, iPhone, patent,
- Seen at: techradar