It looks like Apple might have something in store for us today – the online Apple store has been reported to have been taken offline, something the company does each time before they add a new product to its online store. The folks over at Gizmodo have reported that they’re seeing the “We’re Updating the Store” message but it doesn’t seem to be loading for me.
If the store’s downtime is due to a problem with the server then this is probably just a false alarm, but if the site was taken down on purpose, we should be expecting a new product when it comes back up. Check back in a few hours, we’ll keep you posted. In the meantime, can you think of what product Apple might be announcing today?
Update (3.22PM PT): Turns out that there was nothing new added to the site. I guess it was just a glitch or maintenance. The Apple Store is now back online.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- Apple Patent Describes A Smart Dock That Is Always Listening To You
- Follow: Apple Inc, down, online store,
- Seen at: gizmodo