If you have been keeping track of the recent Apple vs Samsung legal proceedings in the EU, you will probably know by now that the German courts have lifted the injunction after they realized that they did not have the power to do a blanket injunction of the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, which means Germany is the only country in which the injunction is still in effect.
The Netherlands was left out of the initial injunction due to a different set of laws but now it appears that Apple has plans to go after Samsung in the Netherlands with everything they’ve got.
Initially the injunction was just limited to the Galaxy Tab 10.1 Android tablet by Samsung, but it appears in the Netherlands court case, Apple has bigger plans which include the ban of not only Samsung’s tablets, but also their Galaxy series of smartphones as well. On top of that they are also seeking a complete recall of stock by European distributors and resellers.
To be more specific, Apple is demanding an extensive ban on the above mentioned devices which covers manufacturing, stocking, importing, distributing, trading or selling by Samsung Korea and its Dutch subsidiaries.
Apple has apparently also demanded that Samsung and its subsidiaries send a “letter of request” to all their European clients to recall all infringing products from stock “within 14 days” and offer compensation of the purchase price as well as transport costs, and failure to comply is apparently in violation of Apple’s IP rights as well, or so it has been worded.
Granted every company/individual has the right to protect their intellectual property, but does anyone else think that Apple might be going just a bit too far?
Next Story: HiCan bed costs a lot more than it should
- 2014-04-14: Gear Fit Compatible With Non-Samsung Devices
- 2014-04-14: Apple Staffer Shamed By Judge For Using iPhone In Court
- 2014-04-14: Samsung Galaxy K Could Be Announced On 29th April
- 2014-04-14: T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom (K Zoom) Hits The FCC
- 2011-12-15: Samsung Galaxy Tab is "The tablet Apple tried to stop."
- 2011-10-14: Dutch court rejects Samsung's request for iPhone 4S ban
- 2011-10-13: Modified Samsung Galaxy phones have "photo flicking" replaced
- 2011-10-04: Apple rejects Samsung's deal in Australia
- 2011-08-24: Courts in Netherlands grants Apple temporary injunction for Samsung Galaxy phones