While the rest of the (Android-powered smartphone) world moves onwards with Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread, it is rather disappointing to know that some handsets are still stuck in the old era – case in point, the Motorola Flipside from AT&T that kept on running Eclair – which is version 2.1 of Android. At long last, AT&T has finally rolled out a 40MB update for the Motorola Flipside – to hit Android 2.2 Froyo, at least. Needless to say, at least your Flipside will finally be able to enjoy all the Froyo goodness that others have long experienced it – Flash support, the ability to install apps on your microSD memory card, the works.
Well, I guess it can be said that the Motorola Flipside will not be getting any attention from Gingerbread anytime soon, but at least Froyo is better than getting stuck at Eclair, no? For those who have installed the update, how do you feel about the situation? Is your smartphone experience all the better for it?
- 2014-04-14: 2012 Droid Family To Get Android 4.4 KitKat In The Near Future
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2010-07-28: Motorola Milestone Gets Unofficial Android 2.2 FroYo Firmware
- 2010-08-09: More details on the Motorola Droid 2
- 2010-08-10: Motorola Droid 2 now available for pre-sale
- 2010-09-24: Froyo Update Causing Music And Ringtone Issues For Droid X?
- 2010-12-08: Certain Droid X and Droid received Android 2.2.1 updates