Records are made to be broken, or so the saying goes, and Beyonce Knowles, diva and superstar, surely knows how to set the world alight via Twitter – news of her being pregnant actually provided Twitter with a new record of 8,868 Tweets per second after Beyonce’s big MTV #VMA moment happened last night.
Just what happened exactly? Well, Beyonce arrived on the red carpet at MTV’s Video Music Awards (VMAs) on Sunday, where she and her husband Jay-Z revealed to the world that they are expecting their first love child – hence sending Twitter nuts as folks started posting and retweeting news about the latest human addition to the planet.
Well, it sure seems that celebrities have the most pulling power when it comes to Twitter and the rest of the Twitterati – even disasters like Japan’s deadly earthquake and tsunami combo in March failed to come close at just 5,000-plus Tweets per second.RELATED
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- MiniShock Are Detailed DualShock 2 Controller Smartphone Straps
- HTC Offering HTC One For $25 Monthly
- Twitter Has New Targeted Advertising Which Learns From Your Browsing History
- Verizon 4G LTE Network Connectivity Improved In Selected Areas
- Follow: twitter,
- Seen at: independent