Records are made to be broken, or so the saying goes, and Beyonce Knowles, diva and superstar, surely knows how to set the world alight via Twitter – news of her being pregnant actually provided Twitter with a new record of 8,868 Tweets per second after Beyonce’s big MTV #VMA moment happened last night.
Just what happened exactly? Well, Beyonce arrived on the red carpet at MTV’s Video Music Awards (VMAs) on Sunday, where she and her husband Jay-Z revealed to the world that they are expecting their first love child – hence sending Twitter nuts as folks started posting and retweeting news about the latest human addition to the planet.
Well, it sure seems that celebrities have the most pulling power when it comes to Twitter and the rest of the Twitterati – even disasters like Japan’s deadly earthquake and tsunami combo in March failed to come close at just 5,000-plus Tweets per second.
Next Story: War of the Worlds head for Xbox 360 and PS3
- 2014-04-22 NYPD Twitter Effort Ends Up As A Disaster
- 2014-04-22 ‘Speed’ Movie Recreated On Twitter
- 2014-04-22 Twitter Could Help Predict Crime
- 2014-04-18 Twitter Parody Account Results In Police Raid At Home
- 2014-04-17 Twitter Introduces 'App Install' Ads