Looking forward to Microsoft’s latest update for Windows Phone 7? Today Microsoft just unveiled more details regarding their Mango update and some of these features will be very applicable especially to those who enjoy taking photographs and participating frequently in social networks.
As far as camera features are concerned, users will be able to tap a photo for an “Autofix”, which apparently will fix some common photographic errors i.e. weird color balances. The shutter sound can also be muted although it seems that the feature may or may not be present depending on which region you’re in. This is a good/bad thing which can be abused for obvious reasons.
There will be Twitter integration, allowing users to upload their photos directly along with the ability to share videos on Facebook or SkyDrive. Users will also be able to tap to focus, similar to the iOS camera app. While more hardcore users may not really care much about the camera and photography, given how popular the iPhone 4’s camera is on Flickr, there is without doubt that the amount of camera features and apps available for photographers will also contribute to the success of the platform.
Any professional/amateurs photographers out there excited at the new camera and picture features that Mango will be bringing?
- 2011-12-29: Nokia Lumia 710 appears on T-Mobile's page with SmartStart
- 2011-11-30: AT&T Dell Venue Pro Mango update finally arrives
- 2011-11-09: HTC TITAN arrives on AT&T later this month
- 2011-11-08: Tango for Windows Phone now available [video chat]
- 2011-11-07: Spotify hits Windows Phone 7.5 devices
- 2011-10-28: Windows Phone Mango heads for virtually all devices
- 2011-10-21: Windows Phone Mango keyboard bug solution found?
- 2011-10-19: Windows Phone Mango update available to "nearly everyone"
- 2011-10-17: Windows Phone Mango causes some keyboards to disappear