Last week we reported that there an auction going on eBay for a HP TouchPad that supposedly was running on Froyo 2.2, and at that time of reporting it was priced at $685. The auction has ended with the device priced at $1,425. While we can’t be certain if it is indeed running on Android or if it’s a scam, for those who rushed out and bought the TouchPad’s while they were on sale will be glad to know that they will not have to pay $1,425 for a TouchPad running on Android.
Android users are probably familiar with the CyanogenMod 7 (CM7), and the good news is that the development of the mod has been progressing rather nicely and part of the progress can be seen in the video below. According to the letter sent to RootzWiki, it seems the developers behind CM7 have plans to make the mod multi-bootable that should allow the user to boot CM7, webOS and a variety of other OSes.
Unfortunately it was not stated as to when users can expect to see CM7 be ready for public consumption, as they are “motivated to do it right, not do it fast.” Either way for those looking forward to running Android on the TouchPad, the good news is that it’s currently being worked on! Check out how far they’ve managed to progress in the video below.
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2012-03-09: HP TouchPad triple boots into webOS, Android and Arch Linux
- 2012-01-18: HP TouchPad receives extremely Alpha CyanogenMod 9 build
- 2011-11-21: CyanogenMod Ice Cream Sandwich for tablets in the works
- 2011-11-08: HP TouchPad gets a new Android ROM from Team Xron
- 2011-10-13: Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad