It seems that Google has a fire to fight – and they had best get it done and over with quickly, as developers have been fuming over the past few days concerning disappearing comments from app listings over at the Android Market. This is not something so simple as though one or two comments disappeared, but we are talking about hundreds at any one time. As you know, developers depend on these positive comments as well as wordy bouquets that they receive in order to gain more momentum with the disinterested public.
One-star comments that belong to trolls are better off in the dustbin, but it is sad to say this rapture of comments have also been impartial – meaning, even five-star comments have disappeared. Google has issued a statement, saying, “We’re aware of this issue and working to resolve it as quickly as we can. I’ll post a follow-up message when I have additional information to share with you.” No idea on when all comments will be restored though – keep your fingers crossed that it will be sooner rather than later.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2012-12-03: Android Apps Get Vector Maps In New Google API
- 2011-09-19: Google prepares developers for Ice Cream Sandwich, launch imminent?
- 2011-04-04: Android Fragmentation: a real problem, developers say
- 2011-03-24: In-app purchases for Android arriving next week?
- 2010-08-20: Developers purchase whole Google Nexus One stock