Diablo 3 has been in development for a long time now. We’ve been waiting years for it. Blizzard has spent years working on it. And it looks like the company wants to finish the game just as much as we want to get our hands on it. In its earnings report yesterday, Mike Morhaime, the Company President and Co-Founder of Blizzard announced that the team is doing its best to get the game out by 2011 – but they have not committed to a release date.
To make up for news about the game’s controversial features, the beta has been scheduled to begin during the company’s third quarter, which ends in September 30, 2011. So we should be expecting something before then (unless of course, they miss the deadline, which is something that Blizzard is known for). Blizzard loves to polish its games before releasing them and Diablo 3 is no exception. Let’s just hope we won’t have to wait till lengths of Duke Nukem Forever-proportions.
- 2014-04-09: Diablo 3 Nephalem Rifts Cleared In Under 4 Minutes
- 2014-04-03: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Shifts 2.7 Million Copies So Far, Digital And Physical Versions Combined
- 2014-03-25: Blizzard Evaluating Diablo 3's Future After Reaper Of Souls Release
- 2014-03-25: Diablo 3: Reaper Of Souls Is Now Live
- 2014-03-24: Diablo 3 For Xbox One Confirmed To Be In The Works
- 2011-09-23: Diablo 3 beta invitation email phishing scam
- 2011-09-21: Diablo 3 plays well with a gamepad
- 2011-09-20: Diablo 3 closed beta testing begins today
- 2011-09-07: Diablo 3 public beta is "very close"
- 2011-08-01: Diablo 3 announcements upset gamers