How much would you pay for art? $5,000? $10,000? $20,000? I guess that question is a bit subjective depending on who’s the artist and what the painting is about, but then again art differs from people to people, with some people willing to pay a huge sum of money for a minimalist piece of art, while others prefer more detailed art. The question now is, how much would you be willing to pay for a drawing of the now discontinued HP TouchPad?
The HP TouchPad has seen a crazy price cut in the past week, with prices dropping to a mere $99 for the 16GB version while the 32GB saw its price drop to $149. Well it seems that someone was not happy that people were going crazy bidding on HP TouchPads on eBay for more than they’re worth and decided to parody the craziness by putting up an auction for a drawing of the HP TouchPad, and not a very good one at that!
According to the seller:
“You are bidding on an awful drawing of an HP Touchpad. I’m posting this because I see idiots bidding $300 on $99 tablets, and $850 on a $99 tablet running Android–so I figured maybe someone would be dumb enough to bid on my drawing. Hell, if this sells for over $800, I’ll draw you another one with Android on it AT NO EXTRA COST!
Sure, I’ll admit it: I want a Touchpad, but I’m not spending over $150 on one. Yeah, I hang out on Slick Deal’s 1500+ page forum AS A GUEST looking to snag a deal–go ahead, hate me. But only AFTER bidding on this.
This was drawn on a regular sized sheet of white paper. The drawing is in BLUE pen!–my (and likely your) favorite color. This weighs less than an actual touchpad, is flexible, and is 1/1–you can sleep well at night knowing that you’re different than the thousands of others who got a “real” touchpad. It can also be viewed as a drawing of a 16 or 32 gb one.
And finally, this touchpad drawing is of the rare WHITE one.
Shipping on this is free. It’ll be shipped in a padded envelope.
RETURNS NOT ACCEPTED. Feel free to contact me with questions.
(I’m a broke college student. You aren’t spending this money in vein. :D)”
As it stands, the drawing is going for $95,100 with 74 bids. We honestly do not expect anyone to actually pay close to $100,000 for a drawing of the webOS tablet, but what better way to end your Friday with a bit of humor, right? If you’re interested in placing your bid or checking out how much it has gotten up to, head on down to its eBay auction page.
- 2014-03-24: White Xbox One Spotted On eBay For $2,700
- 2014-03-10: MH370.com On eBay For $5,000
- 2014-02-24: Coda Sells Remaining EV Stock On eBay
- 2014-02-11: eBay Removes Flappy Bird Listings
- 2014-02-09: Flappy Bird Sold On eBay For Hundreds Of Dollars
- 2011-12-08: HP TouchPad goes on sale one last time on the 11th of December
- 2011-12-07: HP TouchPad Go spotted on eBay
- 2011-11-21: TouchPad hacked onto a microwave, lets you watch videos while you wait
- 2011-10-28: $99 HP TouchPad officially sold out, but still available from Best Buy
- 2011-10-07: HP TouchPad hits 1,000 apps, users get more free apps