Bloomberg has reported that Facebook, the world’s largest social network, has plans to improve the site and keep it ahead of the competition with the acquisition of even more technology/companies this year. With already 13 acquisitions in the bag this year, the company has its eyes on about 7 more purchases for 2011. Facebook already stands out from its main rivals: Twitter and Google+, but it looks like they’re thinking a step ahead by making more purchases before its rivals get a leg up on it.
While it wasn’t mentioned what properties Facebook has its eyes on, Facebook has been rapidly evolving into a website where users can spend all their free time on. From updating their statuses, communicating, uploading photographs, watching movies, listening to music, playing games and more – you can be sure that the new acquisitions will be along those lines. It looks like Facebook’s rivals will have even more catching up to do by the end of this year. What new services/features do you think Facebook will add by the end of this year?
- 2014-04-22: WhatsApp Now Has Half A Billion Active Users
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Paper App For iOS Updated
- 2014-04-20: Facebook Rumored To Launch Their Own Mobile Ad Network
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2013-09-25: Jimmy Fallon, Justin Timberlake Show Us How Silly #Hashtags Really Are
- 2013-08-29: New YouTube Logo Makes Its Way To Service's YouTube, Twitter Profiles
- 2013-05-30: The Wall Street Journal Reportedly Looking To Launch Social Network Of Their Own
- 2013-04-16: WhatsApp CEO Says They Have More Users Than Twitter
- 2013-04-03: Google+ Now Supports Full Resolution Photo Uploads