Bloomberg has reported that Facebook, the world’s largest social network, has plans to improve the site and keep it ahead of the competition with the acquisition of even more technology/companies this year. With already 13 acquisitions in the bag this year, the company has its eyes on about 7 more purchases for 2011. Facebook already stands out from its main rivals: Twitter and Google+, but it looks like they’re thinking a step ahead by making more purchases before its rivals get a leg up on it.
While it wasn’t mentioned what properties Facebook has its eyes on, Facebook has been rapidly evolving into a website where users can spend all their free time on. From updating their statuses, communicating, uploading photographs, watching movies, listening to music, playing games and more – you can be sure that the new acquisitions will be along those lines. It looks like Facebook’s rivals will have even more catching up to do by the end of this year. What new services/features do you think Facebook will add by the end of this year?
- Netflix Tech Support Scam After Users' Login Credentials
- Teen's Facebook Update Cost Her Father $80,000
- U.S. Google Search Will Now Show Restaurant Menus In Results
- Copyright Protectors Targeting Billboard Top 100 Charts Downloaders With Automated Fines
- 146K Indiana University Students' Personal Data Exposed