Soccer fans who don’t have a TV to watch live matches on TV will be glad to know that they have a new outlet to get their fix of the game – Facebook. And no, I’m not talking about some online football game or live score app – Facebook has announced that it will be streaming the first match of the FA Cup live on the social network this Friday night. The first match of the season, Ascot United vs. Wembley FC will be available to all Facebook users who have access to the network and a decent internet connection.
The game, sponsored by Budweiser will mark the first time a sport has been streamed live on Facebook. No word on whether it will be streaming the rest of the matches online (keep those fingers crossed) but this live stream will allow the game to reach out fans that it couldn’t before. Keep your eyes peeled on the FA Cup Facebook page for more details.
Next Story: HP Pre 3 now available in Europe
- Google's Eric Schmidt Believes They're Sufficiently Protected From Government Spying
- Europol Warns That Data Theft On Public WiFi Is On The Rise
- Vine Updates TOS, Pornographic Material Will No Longer Be Allowed
- comiXology Experiences Security Breach, Password Reset Required
- Yahoo Maps Now Offers Indoor Navigation