Soccer fans who don’t have a TV to watch live matches on TV will be glad to know that they have a new outlet to get their fix of the game – Facebook. And no, I’m not talking about some online football game or live score app – Facebook has announced that it will be streaming the first match of the FA Cup live on the social network this Friday night. The first match of the season, Ascot United vs. Wembley FC will be available to all Facebook users who have access to the network and a decent internet connection.
The game, sponsored by Budweiser will mark the first time a sport has been streamed live on Facebook. No word on whether it will be streaming the rest of the matches online (keep those fingers crossed) but this live stream will allow the game to reach out fans that it couldn’t before. Keep your eyes peeled on the FA Cup Facebook page for more details.
Next Story: HP Pre 3 now available in Europe
- 2014-04-17: Facebook Nearby Friends Feature Introduced
- 2014-04-16: Facebook Acquisition Will Make Sense In A Year, According To Oculus VR's Founder
- 2014-04-14: Google Picks Up Titan Aerospace Before Facebook Can
- 2014-04-14: Facebook Reportedly Working On An E-Money Service
- 2014-04-10: Facebook Makes Improvements To Reduce News Feed Spam
- 2011-12-01: FIFA 12 is exclusive for the Xperia Play until February 2012
- 2011-09-22: Facebook F8 Keynote - Live 10am PT
- 2011-07-06: Facebook "awesome" launch happening today
- 2011-05-09: ESPN Live TV streaming app arrives on Android
- 2011-03-29: VMIX brings live and on-demand video rental to Facebook