In recent months we’ve been seeing quite a lot of companies, especially car manufacturers, turn their focus towards creating more environmental-friendly products like electric cars. However, there won’t be one high profile car manufacturer that will be joining the electric party anytime soon, and that manufacturer is none other than Ferrari.
The folks over at Engadget recently caught up with Luca di Montezemelo, Ferrari’s president, and he was quoted as saying:
“You will never see a Ferrari electric because I don’t believe in electric cars, because I don’t think they represent an important step forward for pollution or CO2 or the environment. But, we are working very, very hard on the hybrid Ferrari. This should be the future, and I hope in a couple of years you can see it.”
So while we won’t be seeing a Ferrari EV (at least not while Montezemelo is around as president), at the very least we’ll be getting a hybrid vehicle, which is better than nothing.
- 2013-10-16 NYC To Get Wireless EV Chargers Disguised As Manhole Covers
- 2013-07-11 To Have World’s Largest EV Fast Charging Network
- 2013-02-15 Moveo Electric Scooter Is Foldable, No Parking Spot Required
- 2012-10-02 TDK's contactless charging system makes it easy to charge your EV
- 2012-10-02 Toyota Smart INSECT is aptly named
- 2011-12-22 Kia Ray EV announced
- 2011-11-04 Kiira EV is first electric car from Uganda
- 2011-10-28 Humanix places airbags on the outside
- 2011-10-17 Electric DeLorean coming your way