EA Sport’s FIFA franchise has not only evolved over the years, but has also remained extremely popular, especially among soccer fans. Well the good news is that the upcoming FIFA 12 will be launching during the holiday season, and it will be exclusively available for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play owners for a while.
For those unfamiliar, the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play is a PSP-like Android device, created specifically for the gamer in mind. FIFA 12 has been designed around the Xperia Play and is optimized for the device, although after its exclusivity runs out we’re not sure how it will run on other Android handsets.
It will feature updated graphics and is said to fully utilize the Xperia Play’s GPU and reportedly will offer 60fps rendering on the device, which should result in a smoother game play. This exclusivity will end on February 21, 2012, so if you don’t own an Xperia Play, it looks like you will be in for a long wait. As for FIFA fans who own the Xperia Play, you could be the envy of all your friends when the game gets released.
Next Story: More alleged iPhone 5 components surface
- 2012-06-19: Android 4.0 ICS build for Xperia Play gets certified despite Sony shelving it
- 2012-05-25: Sony confirms that the Xperia Play will not receive the Android 4.0 update
- 2012-05-24: No Android 4.0 update for the Sony Xperia Play?
- 2012-05-01: Verizon rolling out update for Sony Xperia Play, unfortunately it's not Android 4.0
- 2012-03-30: Sony Xperia Play gets Ice Cream Sandwich beta
- 2011-09-29: Sony Ericsson giving away four games for Xperia Play on October 1st
- 2011-06-07: Sony Ericsson introduces the Xperia Play Experience Pack
- 2011-06-02: Sony Ericsson announces 20+ games for the Xperia Play
- 2011-05-11: Xperia Play games not selling, Sony Ericsson not worried
- 2011-03-24: Xperia Play Games Could Cost as Much as $15