While Mozilla has been praised for creating one of the most popular web browsers for desktop computers, it hasn’t been doing too well on the mobile front, with many critics and users unhappy with the Firefox browser for Android. The app was said to be unintuitive, slow, unstable, and basically not the first choice when it comes to browsing the web on Android phones. It looks like Mozilla took those comments to heart and has worked on fixing it.
Mozilla has just released a new version of Firefox for Android, and so far it’s been getting a pretty good reception so far. The latest version of Firefox for Android is said to introduce an updated user interface that is streamlined and consistent with Android’s look and feel, while fonts and buttons are now optimized for tablets. It will also feature faster zooming, crisp text, reduced image pixelation, and new tools for developers to create add-ons for the browser.
Head over to the Android Market to download the latest version of Firefox on your smartphone to download the latest version of Firefox if you haven’t already. Let us know what you think about it – what is your favorite web browser for Android devices?RELATED
- HBO GO Now Supports Google Chromecast Across iOS, Android, Web
- Twitter Quietly Removes Option To Direct Messaging Anyone
- 'Selfie' Becomes The Word Of The Year For 2013
- Digg iOS App Updated With Digg Video Support
- Facebook For Android Updated With TV Show Reminders
- Follow: Android, app, firefox, update,
- Seen at: blog.mozilla