So you’ve just bought yourself a brand new electric vehicle (EV) from Ford. Good for you! Now there’s one less person in the world contributing to pollution, but why stop there? Why not take it a step further and install solar panels for your home? If you have the spare cash or are willing to pay on installments just to go green and do your part for the Earth, it looks like Ford and SunPower have the solution for you.
It seems that buyers of Ford’s EVs are now being given the option to have solar panels, built by SunPower, to be installed for their home at $10,000. The 2.5-kilowatt array is said to be able to generate enough juice, about 3,000 kilowatt-hours a year, which is apparently enough to power your brand new EV for about 1,000 miles a month worth of driving.
Sounds like a good plan although it seems that the $10,000 for the solar panels on top of your car does seem a little expensive, and might be more than what some people are willing to pay to go green. However if you can afford it, we don’t see why you shouldn’t go for it.RELATED
- Scientists Come Up With A Way To Beam Power From Transmitters To Electric Vehicles
- Tesla Hires Former Apple Employee, Doug Field
- Desperado E-bike Sports Two Motors And Top Speed Of 80km/h
- BMW i3 Gets Range Extender Option
- Toyota Plug-In Prius To Receive Price Cut
- Follow: electric vehicle, ford, Solar, solar panels,
- Seen at: news.cnet