Great news for all Droid X2 owners – the Gingerbread update for your phone is officially rolling out as of today. Promised to arrive last week, the update didn’t show up, but as of today, the folks over at Droid-Life have reported that the Gingerbread update is now official. If you haven’t received a notification telling you to download the update, just go to Menu > Settings > About Phone > System Updates to retrieve the OTA update.
The update is about a 100MB in size, so it’s going to take a while to download. Make sure you have a stable internet connection so you don’t encounter any interruptions. And as usual – please back up your device before attempting anything. You’ll never know what might go wrong. Let us know how the Gingerbread update goes for you.
- 2014-04-08: First Working Project Ara Prototype To Be Ready This Month
- 2014-04-06: Leather Could Be An Option For Next-Gen Moto X [Rumor]
- 2014-04-06: Moto X Successor Might Be Called Moto X + 1
- 2014-04-02: The Moto G Forte Is Actually The Moto G With A Grip Shell Case
- 2014-04-01: Motorola Moto X Boot Animation Updated, Gets “Powered By Android”
- 2011-10-25: Motorola DROID Pro and DROID 2 Global receives Gingerbread
- 2011-08-25: Droid 2 Gingerbread update detailed
- 2011-06-29: Gingerbread updates for Motorola DROID devices held back?
- 2011-05-31: Droid X Gingerbread update available now
- 2011-04-12: New Motorola Droid X Gingerbread update leaked