If you’re an avid gamer and do keep abreast with the goings on of the video game console industry, surely you know by now that the Xbox 360 S from Microsoft comes in two kinds of finish – gloss and matte. Well, for those who are fans of the former, you might want to sit on a chair as I break this news to you – the glossy black Xbox 360 S will be discontinued, with your only option left being a matte finish.
Even as you read this, Microsoft is making the transition of all their Xbox 360 S consoles to a matte finish. Ah well, at least it is the Xbox 360 S that isn’t exactly a powerhouse to begin with. You know what they say – beauty is, after all, skin deep, so as long as the insides of the Xbox 360 S works as intended, I don’t think that there is much to complain about the situation.
Which do you prefer – the matte or glossy finish? I would say that giving consumers more choices might open up the market even more, since it would appeal to a wider demographic. This seems to be taking a move backwards though as, gamers are like drivers of yore – having only a black Ford Model T to choose from.RELATED
- Sony Releases PS4 System Update 1.52 Today
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Collector’s Edition Now Available
- Skyrim Mod Turns Dragons Into Thomas The Tank Engine Trains
- The Elder Scrolls Online Launches On PC, Mac On April 4, 2014
- Valve's Steam Mobile Receives iOS 7 Redesign, Other Improvements
- Follow: Microsoft, xbox, xbox 360, xbox360,
- Seen at: news.cnet