Remember the 2-step verification process Google implemented for Google Accounts way back in February? It wasn’t available all over the world back then, but the service is now available all over the world in over 150 countries and in 40 different languages. With identity and password theft becoming even more common nowadays, this service should help people keep their Google Accounts safe from criminals.
If you’re unsure how this 2-step verification works, hit the break to watch a demonstration video, or head over to Google’s website for more details on how to enable it on your account.
Next Story: Google+ app for Windows Phone 7 spotted
- 2014-04-23 Russia ‘Anti-Terrorism’ Laws Might Make Skype, Gmail, Facebook Illegal
- 2014-04-23 Google Street View Lets You Perform ‘Time Travel’
- 2014-04-22 Motorola And Lenovo's First Smartphone Reportedly Coming This Fall
- 2014-04-22 Nest Thermostat Is Now Available From The Play Store
- 2014-04-21 Nest Thermostat Briefly Spotted On Google Play
- 2013-08-07 Google Chrome Carries Danger Of Exposing User Passwords
- 2013-07-09 Google Releases Patch To Fix Android Vulnerability
- 2011-02-10 Google steps up security with 2-step verification