Google intends to make their +1 Button more social by introducing friend annotations to it, and for those who are eagle-eyed, they would surely have noticed that the faces and names of your mates will appear whenever your cursor hovers over a +1 button. This particular change was introduced late last week, and the main idea of this change would be to make recommendations all the more visible to users. All that needed to be done was to update the +1 button code, where an inline annotation will appear next to the button.
Whenever you hover your cursor over the +1 button, it will show off a list of friends and contacts who have already clicked the +1 button for that page – making you know where you remain in the pecking order of things where being on the cutting edge of newly released news is concerned. Google has also introduced new code for the +1 button which will show off both the face and name of your friends who have used the +1 button.
Seems to be a direct rival to Facebook’s Like button, don’t you think so? This is a start for Google, and I think that the Internet search giant will continue to work on it to compete with Facebook across many other levels as it plays catch up to more than 750 million users worldwide.
Next Story: LG A530 3D notebook unveiled
- 2014-04-16: Google Offering $100,000 For Best Project Ara Module
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-16: Google Develops Algorithm That Can Decipher Its Own CAPTCHAs
- 2014-04-16: Google Launches Standalone Camera App For Android
- 2014-04-16: Chrome Remote Desktop Hits Mobile Devices
- 2011-12-28: Google+ zips past 62 million users
- 2011-10-10: Google+ Traffic Dives by more than 50% [Chitika]
- 2011-09-26: Google+ users hit 50 million mark
- 2011-07-19: Google+ ads on Facebook banned
- 2011-07-12: Google+ ready to hit 20 million users this weekend?