Weather geeks – good news! You can now find out what the weather is like anywhere in the world, just by using Google Maps. Google has announced that it has updated its Maps service with an additional layer – weather. In addition to seeing what the weather condition is like, users can also check the current temperature, humidity and wind speeds of the location, so they know how to prepare for a trip, and what to bring along if they’re heading there.
To check out the weather layer in Google Maps, just load it up, and select weather layer from the list of options. Study the legend for a bit and soon enough you’ll be familiar with what each icon means. You can also tell if it’s night or day all over the world just by looking at the sun and the moon icons.
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Off-White Google Glass Sold Out Quickly
- 2014-04-15: Google I/O Ticket Registration Kicks Off, Lottery System Implemented
- 2014-04-15: ETA For Project Ara's Release Set For January 2015
- 2014-04-15: Buy Google Glass Today In The U.S.
- 2012-12-19: Google Adds 'See Inside' Button In Search Results
- 2012-07-31: Google Maps now shows you NYC subway alerts
- 2012-04-27: Google Maps GL gets enhanced 3D experience with 3D buildings
- 2011-11-02: Google Maps ready to charge
- 2011-10-21: Google Maps updated, boasts NFC support