A while back there was a lot of fuss and hype surrounding NFC technology. Granted that there is still some talk about NFC these days, but probably not on the same level a few months back when carriers were in talk with Isis and when Sprint and Google teamed up for Google Wallet.
Well if you were excited at the prospect of being able to use NFC technology, you will be pleased to know that it seems a RadioShack employee accidentally let slip that they will be accepting Google Wallet payments come 1st of September!
Although it says in the leaked memo that these are just “test” stores, we’re not sure if that means only selected stores will be testing out the new payment service, or if all stores will under-go testing. Either way, come 1st of September we will find out if that leak is indeed true. Time to warm your Nexus S up!
Next Story: Apple resellers raise prices of 13" MacBook Air
- 2014-03-15: Google Wallet’s “Tap And Pay” On Non-KitKat Handsets Says Goodnight From April 14
- 2014-03-12: Google Wallet ‘Orders’ Feature Allows You To Track Online Shipments
- 2013-11-24: You Can Now Add Cards To Google Wallet By Taking Their Picture
- 2013-05-21: Google Checkout Retiring On November 20 To Make Way For Wallet
- 2013-05-15: Google Wallet Now Lets You Send Money Over Gmail
- 2011-12-06: Google confirms no Google Wallet for Galaxy Nexus
- 2011-10-31: Google Wallet demonstrations coming to a city near you
- 2011-09-21: Google Wallet still not available to everyone
- 2011-09-21: Isis will support Android devices despite Google Wallet competition
- 2011-09-19: Google Wallet officially launched