With Google rooting for NFC to be a standard to be used as payment services in the US, what with the launch of Google Wallet, it seems that certain Android devices (along with upcoming Blackberry devices) will be able to enjoy those services as they are NFC enabled, leaving iPhone users to watch their friends utilize NFC technology with envy.
If you’re not opposed to ripping your iPhone open and putting an NFC enabled credit card (such as the Tap & Pay card from the Bank of America) between the battery and the casing, then perhaps this could very well be the hack that you would be required to perform if you wish to make your iPhone NFC capable.
It looks like a pretty cool hack although we’re not sure if the majority of iPhone 4 users will be willing to mess around with their shiny new hardware, but if you’re up for the challenge and you know what you’re doing, Unplgged has the details of what you would be required to do in order to gain NFC function on your iPhone.RELATED
- Razer Kazuyo iPhone Gamepad Leaked
- Apple iBeacon Deployed To 254 Stores To Help Guide Shoppers
- iPhone 5s Shipping Times Improve To 1-3 Days
- Report Claims Touch ID's Accuracy Degrades Over Time
- "Apple Picking" Is A New Smartphone Theft Technique You Need To Be Aware Of
- Follow: google wallet, hack, iphone 4, NFC,
- Seen at: appadvice