Guess the massive price cut in the discontinued HP TouchPad has proved to be a rather popular move, so popular in fact that it has done quite an impressive job in evaporating off shelves in the UK. Further investigation was done at various web sites including Currys, PC World and Dixons, where they introduced the newly discounted price points at 6pm, and all these sits seemed to experience a slowdown in performance.
There were times when you were required to register and provide personal information before you are able to place an order, while other sites proved the TouchPad to be rather elusive across a range of postcodes.
In fact, all Currys and PC World stores had already sold out their stock of HP TouchPads, regardless of whether they are online or pre-order models. It makes me wonder just what kind of use will these firesale TouchPads be used for – how would you make use of a TouchPad if you had one?
Next Story: Evernote for iOS and OS X updated
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-24: HP TouchPad tests Windows 8
- 2011-10-13: Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad
- 2011-10-06: HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-30: HP releases more TouchPad promo codes for Splashtop Remote Desktop HD
- 2011-09-28: HP TouchPad on sale for employees – crashes web store