HP’s TouchPad might have come a little too late to the tablet game, what more with a totally new operating system webOS which will be different from what most of us are used to on tablets by now – Android and iOS. Well, sad to say the sales figures of the HP TouchPad has definitely failed to take off (and for good reasons, too), so what better way to introduce a catalyst to the entire thing by slashing its prices? After all, the idea has remained the same for the longest time already in this capitalistic world, it is just the products that are different.
Over the previous week, HP’s TouchPad has gone through three rounds of discounts and price cuts, increasing slowly but surely. First of all, HP offered $50 instant rebates on its 10″ TouchPad which made the 16GB slightly more affordable at $450 a pop, but when Wednesday came around, PreCentral claimed that the HP TouchPad’s price will see another $100 price drop – but for the recently passed weekend only. The deep discounts continued as Woot put up the 16GB model for just $380 a pop – as long as they still have stock of it. We’re waiting for it to be free now….
- 2014-04-09 PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07 HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04 HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20 HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-11-08 HP TouchPad will be sold to developers for $149.99
- 2011-10-24 HP TouchPad tests Windows 8
- 2011-10-13 Find out how to install CyanogenMod on your TouchPad
- 2011-10-06 HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-06-29 Palm Pre and Pixi owners receive $50 mail-in rebate on $599 HP TouchPad