HP may have decided to terminate its webOS devices but that doesn’t mean existing tablets that have already been built will magically disappear. And since they won’t be selling anymore webOS tablets in the future, they’ve decided to get rid of the existing tablets the fastest way they know how to (well, second fastest if you include incinerating them all) – by having a fire sale!
In a memo that was sent out to HP affiliates today, the company has announced that the price of the TouchPad tablet will be reduced by 70-75%! Starting tomorrow (and in some stores, today) you’ll be able to purchase the 16GB TouchPad at $99 and the 32GB TouchPad at $149. No word about the 64GB model though. Talk about low, low prices! Taking into consideration the average cost of a digital photo frame or an eBook reader and you know you have a great deal on your hands. Maybe the sudden surge in sales will make HP reconsider their decision. Will any of you be picking up the TouchPad now that it’s going to be dirt cheap?
Next Story: StudentRND Plasma Speaker looks menacing
- 2014-04-09: PC Shipments See 4.4% YOY Decline, According To IDC
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 8 Pro Business Tablet Arrives Silently
- 2014-04-07: HP Slate 7 Beats Special Edition Spotted On WiFi Alliance Website
- 2014-04-04: HP Slate 8 Pro 7650 Appears At The FCC
- 2014-03-20: HP 3D Printers Expected In June
- 2011-10-06: HP TouchPad Go clears the FCC, HP gearing for launch?
- 2011-09-19: Final batch of HP TouchPads to go to HP employees first
- 2011-09-02: Second batch of HP TouchPad tablets rumored to arrive in October
- 2011-08-30: HP will continue supporting the TouchPad
- 2011-08-25: White HP TouchPad spotted in the wild