The HTC Bliss might not make you a, say, blissful person upon purchasing one if you are looking to find the latest and greatest hardware underneath the hood. No sir, this puppy which is said to make its way over to Verizon Wireless will carry a Qualcomm MSM7x30 processor that clocks in at 800MHz – and on a single core to boot. There is the Adreno 205 GPU to help the processor out whenever it needs more muscle to process graphics, while Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread is there right out of the box so that you need not look out at the far horizon for a software update.
Since this is a smartphone by HTC, it will rely on HTC’s very own Sense user interface – albeit whispers on the grapevine has it that this will be HTC Sense 3.5. Yes sir, that’s a good half version ahead of the current HTC Sense 3.0 that ships with the top of the line HTC Sensation and EVO 3D. No idea on whether Sense 3.5 will introduce a far better user experience or not, but this is where patience and its virtue comes in handy.
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-09-09: HTC announcement on the 20th
- 2011-09-07: HTC Rhyme receives DLNA certification
- 2011-08-24: HTC Bliss shows up in non-blurry photographs
- 2011-08-15: HTC Bliss spotted in the wild
- 2011-08-12: HTC Bliss visits the FCC, on the way to Verizon