Interested in getting your hands on a HTC device with NFC capabilities? If you are and you’re not living in China, you’d be flat out of luck. It seems that for now, HTC will finally be bringing an NFC-enabled handset into the market with the HTC Stunning.
A bit odd that Taiwan-based HTC chose China as the first market to tap into with their very first NFC-enabled device, given the Taiwan/China rivalry, but I guess business is still business, not to mention China’s ever-growing appetite for new technology, it just seems to make good business sense.
The device is said to be make use of China’s UnionPay mobile payment system and unfortunately not much is known about the device, other than that it will be sporting a 4” screen and will be running on Android, although which version it will be running on is unclear. No word on price or availability either but reports are pointing at a possible September release. Will NFC take off in China like it did in Japan? I guess we will have to wait and see.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- Google News For Android And iOS Gets A Makeover
- Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Gets Certified To Go On Sale In China
- Samsung Argues That Without High Subsidies, Their Global Business Would Suffer
- Low-end Nokia Lumia Device With 4.5-inch Display Sighted
- Follow: Android, china, NFC,
- Seen at: nearfieldcommunicationsworld