The Beats by Dr Dre range of headphones have long been synonymous with quality audio products, and HTC being on the cutting edge of Android-powered smartphones, have teamed up to deliver high performance audio to HTC smartphones.
According to Peter Chou, CEO of HTC Corp., “Beats has found a unique way to harness popular culture in a manner that is unlike any other brand today. It’s an exciting brand that has been built around providing something very special, and we believe our strategic partnership will provide customers with unbeatable sound on HTC phones. We obsess over every detail of a consumer’s mobile experience, and audio is a critical part of that experience.”
Even after HTC has acquired the majority of Beats Electronics, the latter will continue to operate autonomously, where Iovine will remain as chairman and Luke Wood as president and chief operating officer – I guess this is somewhat similar to how Alienware remains more or less independent after being bought over by Dell. This means all of Beats’ business partnerships, including Monster Cable Products Inc., HP and Chrysler Group LLC will be business as usual. Does this mean we will see a Lady GaGa HTC smartphone in the future? [Press Release]
- 2014-04-22 HTC Droid DNA To Receive Android 4.4.2 KitKat And Sense 5.5 Update
- 2014-04-22 HTC Might Be Interested In Nokia's Chennai Factory
- 2014-04-21 HTC One M8 Mini Rumored For Verizon Release
- 2014-04-21 Samsung Galaxy S4 Outsold HTC One 4:1
- 2014-04-21 HTC Could Deliver Nexus 8 (Rumor)
- 2013-09-27 HTC Sells Remaining 25 Percent Stake In Beats For $265 Million
- 2013-08-19 Beats Rumored To Buy Back HTC's Stake In Their Company
- 2012-08-29 Beats to build own smartphone, targets iTunes with home-grown app and has a TV in the pipeline?
- 2012-08-22 HTC denies bailing out on Beats Audio integration
- 2012-08-22 Rumor: HTC could bid adieu to Beats integration