HTC Thunderbolt and Droid Incredible owners – ready for some good news and possibly some bad news? It has been reported that HTC announced on its Facebook page that the Android 2.3 Gingerbread update will be rolling out for the Verizon Android handsets in September. What could possibly be the bad news then?
Well, I checked the official HTC Facebook page and the post about the Gingerbread update seems to be missing. However, it’s not a false report, as evident by the screenshot captured by the folks at Droid Matters. Here’s what the message had to say:
We’re pleased to announce that both DROID Incredible and ThunderBolt at Verizon will be receiving an update to Gingerbread in September. Thanks for your support!
This leads us to believe that it was a premature announcement. But as to whether or not it was an accurate release time frame – we can only hope so. Stay tuned and we’ll keep you posted. How many of you are still running Froyo on your Thunderbolt or Incredible?
Update (2.43PM PT): HTC’s Twitter account seems to corroborate with reports about the Facebook statement, so the September time frame should be accurate. Rejoice!
Next Story: Openwave sues Apple and RIM
- 2014-04-15: Galaxy S5 Versus HTC One M8, iPhone 5s, Nexus 5 In Torture Test
- 2014-04-15: Sense 6 Gets Ported Onto Nexus 5
- 2014-04-14: Sense 6.0 Arriving On HTC One By End Of May
- 2014-04-08: HTC One Review (M8)
- 2014-04-08: HTC M8 Ace Leaked
- 2011-10-17: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-09-30: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update suspended temporarily
- 2011-08-17: New Android Gingerbread update for Thunderbolt leaked
- 2011-08-04: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update to arrive this quarter?
- 2011-06-26: Gingerbread coming soon for HTC Thunderbolt