While we heard that Sprint might be offering the iPhone 5 at launch, here is the next rumor that is guaranteed to set tongues wagging – we’re talking about T-Mobile USA being whispered of offering the next version of the iPhone – which is, the iPhone 5. According to MacTrast, T-Mobile USA will also be another carrier that will be offering the iPhone 5, and when you couple that with AT&T’s announcement of its intention to acquire the iPhone 5 alongside Sprint, and here you are with all major U.S. carriers delivering the iPhone 5 when it finally hits the market.
Needless to say, the informant preferred to remain anonymous, where he claimed that the iPhone 5 would definitely operate at 3G speeds on T-Mobile’s US network. This is very different from current unlocked iPhone 4 models that will only plod along at 2G speeds (EDGE) over at T-Mobile’s network, while losing a bunch of network-dependent features including Visual Voicemail.
Whatever it is, the iPhone 5 is guaranteed to arrive this year, and you would do well to start saving up for one if you want to be an early adopter.RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- iPhone 6 Prototype With 4.9-Inch Screen Being Tested [Rumor]
- Apple Reportedly Buys Kinect-Tech Creator PrimeSense For $345 Million
- Amazon's 2014 Smartphone Rumored To Feature 3D Gestures And Eye Tracking
- WSJ "Confirms" iPhone 5c Orders Being Cut
- Follow: iPhone 5, iphone5, t-mobile, tmo, tmobile,
- Seen at: macrumors