You know just how mentioning “iPhone 5″ alone is going to cause a flurry of activity these days, since said smartphone is getting closer and closer to its release date which has been touted by some to be as early as September. In the mean time, we have had our fair share of fakes like the hiPhone 5, as well as the fake iPhone 5 website – so why not complete this faux trinity with a fake video of the iPhone 5 unboxing that you can enjoy (or laugh at) in the extended post?
Basically, many who have seen this believe it to be the iPhone 3GS that has undergone some basic modification, with the display being replaced by a larger one. Another dead giveaway is the lack of LED since the iOS 5 will come with LED notifications, while the lack of a flash is another clue that this is not the real deal in any way.
- 2014-04-17: Is Steve Ballmer Using An iPhone Now? (Debunked & Updated)
- 2014-04-16: Alleged iPhone Case "Confirms" Repositioned Buttons
- 2014-04-15: Apple Participates In Smartphone Anti-Theft Voluntary Program
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Batteries Spotted On Production Tray
- 2014-04-15: Alleged iPhone 6 Front Panel Photo Surfaces
- 2013-01-28: Budget iPhone Could Be A Frankenstein Phone Borrowing From iPhone 5, iPod Touch [Rumor]
- 2013-01-22: Verizon Activates Over 6 Million iPhones In Q4 2012
- 2012-12-19: Humor: Apple Releases iPhone 5C With Broken Screen For College-Aged Girls
- 2012-12-03: iPhone 5 Heading Out To More Countries This Month
- 2012-09-17: iPhone 5 benchmark: narrowly beats Galaxy S3 [geekbench]