One of the more exciting features about the upcoming Blackberry devices is that they will be NFC enabled, which is a first for the handset manufacturer. Unfortunately it has been reported that carriers such as AT&T are considering disabling NFC in the upcoming Blackberry Bold 9900, and there have been reports in the UK that Vodafone has done something similar as well. We’re not sure why given that AT&T, T-Mobile and Verizon have teamed up with Isis to bring about mobile payments through NFC, but we’re sure that they have their reasons.
The Blackberry Bold 9930 which was released on Verizon not too long ago came with NFC disabled, although its hardware is still present, but the good news is that the latest leaked version of Blackberry OS, version 188.8.131.520 brings back the option to enable it.
We have no idea if this will work, but if you have some NFC devices around that you can test this out with, the leaked OS can be downloaded here. As with all unofficial releases, downloading and installing them will be at your own risk, so unless you know what you are doing, we suggest you do not attempt this.RELATED
- Samsung Galaxy J Possibly Teased In Video
- Google News For Android And iOS Gets A Makeover
- Huawei Ascend Mate 2 Gets Certified To Go On Sale In China
- Samsung Argues That Without High Subsidies, Their Global Business Would Suffer
- Low-end Nokia Lumia Device With 4.5-inch Display Sighted
- Follow: blackberry bold, blackberry os, leak, NFC, Verizon,
- Seen at: n4bb