A while back we reported on what appeared at that time to be a leaked component of Apple’s next-generation iPhone’s camera module and battery. As it turned out, the camera actually belonged to the iPhone 4, which makes us think that either the “leaked” component was just meant to stir up some rumors, or that the component actually belongs to the purported budget iPhone which will reuse the iPhone 4’s camera module, or perhaps the iPhone 5 will end up not seeing a camera upgrade, which is disappointing.
It’s a bit hard to keep track of all these new rumors popping up all over the place, since the only way to actually confirm them would be to get the device ourselves. Some are speculating Apple is purposely leaking false information in order to throw off actual leaks and what not, but for now here’s another “leak”, this time by Greek website Greek-iPhone, which shows what they’re claiming to be the iPhone 5’s camera module and flash.
Based on the photo alone you can tell that it looks a lot different compared to the previous leak, and supposedly it will feature more megapixels. It also appears to be thinner which could possibly mean that the rumors of an even thinner iPhone 5 may be true.
So what do you guys think? As far as more megapixels are concerned, this is in line with the rumors that OmniVision, a long-standing supplier of camera sensors for Apple, will be providing Apple an 8MP for their next iPhone, but given that the previous leak has been debunked, will this be any more credible?
- 2014-03-26: BlackBerry 10.3 Leak Reveals Possible Future BlackBerry Devices
- 2014-02-09: Sony Xperia Sirius D6503 Screenshots Leaked
- 2014-01-28: Alleged Left 4 Dead 2 Plantation Map Image Leaked
- 2014-01-09: @evleaks: Rose Gold Galaxy Note 3 Headed For Verizon
- 2013-12-10: LG V510 Tablet Images Leaked
- 2012-12-06: iPhone 5S leaked pics show slight difference to iPhone 5 [Rumor]
- 2011-10-04: T-Mobile preps staff on how to combat iPhone enquiries
- 2011-09-27: iPhone 5 prototype lost in China?
- 2011-09-21: Did Al Gore just confirm the next iPhone?
- 2011-09-20: Leaked A5 chip appears to be from the iPhone 4S