There have been tons of laptops popping up but if you’re living in South Korea and you’re looking for a “back to school” model, LG’s latest offering, the Aurora Xnote S series laptop could be something worth checking out.
As far as design is concerned, LG has employed what they are calling “NVCM”, or Non-Conductive Vacuum Metallization coating, which apparently allows the notebook to feature bodies with metallic looking designs with shimmering colors, and provides a “perfect balance of straight lines and curves”. This is apparently in an effort for the company to distance themselves from the stereotypical images that are associated with cheap/budget laptops. As cool as that sounds, we have to be honest and say that the laptops based on the photos alone don’t look particularly striking.
In terms of hardware, the Xnote S series will come with either a 15.6” screen (S530 series) or a 14” LED-backlit display (S430 series), and it seems that apart from the difference in display sizes, both models will feature similar hardware specs under the hood. Users can expect a second-generation Intel Core i5 processor, 4GB of memory along with a AMD Mobility Radeon HD 6470M graphics card. In the age of ultrabooks which are starting to see the removal of the optical disc drive, LG is claiming that both models will feature a removable optical disc drive which will see the overall weight of the laptop drop from 2.6kg to 2.45kg. It won’t make it any thinner but at least it will be lighter!
Unfortunately in its press release, LG did not mention how much the laptops will cost or if it will see a release outside of South Korea.
Next Story: Loewe unveils Art and Connect series 3D TVs
- 2014-04-17: LG Lucid 3 From Verizon Announced
- 2014-04-17: LG G3 Design Rumored To Be Pretty Similar To LG G2
- 2014-04-16: AT&T’s LG G Flex Tipped For Android 4.4.2 KitKat Update Tomorrow
- 2014-04-16: LG L65 Press Rendering And Specs Leaked
- 2014-04-16: LG Confirms First Mobile Processor Enters Production In The Near Future
- 2011-12-27: PRADA phone by LG 3.0 now available in South Korea
- 2011-12-05: LG unveils Z330 ultrabook
- 2011-12-01: LG unveils DX2500 glasses free 3D display
- 2011-11-22: LG Optimus EX gets pictured in real life
- 2011-09-23: LG Optimus EX press shot leaked