A while back there were rumors that Apple was planning its very own 55” OLED television while partnered with LG. Well it looks like if you were hoping to get your hands on the rumored television, LG Display’s CEO Kwon Young-Soo has come out and denied those rumors. The reason is because “Apple is still pessimistic about using OLED displays” according to sources who were involved in the matter.
There’s no doubt that Apple would love to start invading our living rooms with their own brand of television sets, but it seems that the high costs and technology-related issues that are associated with large-sized OLED displays has made Apple a bit worried, such as apparent limited life span, color balance issues and screen burn-in.
Instead of OLED, the same sources are saying that Apple may instead use picture quality-enhanced and tech-sharpened LCD displays, which has minor differences when compared to an OLED display, at least when seen through the eyes of consumers who may not have much knowledge when it comes to displays.RELATED
- Alleged Prototype Official iPhone 5s Case Resembles The iPhone 5c
- 4K Thunderbolt Displays Reportedly In The Works
- Apple iPad Mini 3 Prototype With Touch ID Spotted [Rumor]
- iPhone 6 Prototype With 4.9-Inch Screen Being Tested [Rumor]
- 12.9-Inch iPad To Arrive Early Next Year, Says First Tier Display Supplier
- Follow: apple tv, lcd, lg display, oled,
- Seen at: koreatimes.co.kr