A while back there were rumors that Apple was planning its very own 55” OLED television while partnered with LG. Well it looks like if you were hoping to get your hands on the rumored television, LG Display’s CEO Kwon Young-Soo has come out and denied those rumors. The reason is because “Apple is still pessimistic about using OLED displays” according to sources who were involved in the matter.
There’s no doubt that Apple would love to start invading our living rooms with their own brand of television sets, but it seems that the high costs and technology-related issues that are associated with large-sized OLED displays has made Apple a bit worried, such as apparent limited life span, color balance issues and screen burn-in.
Instead of OLED, the same sources are saying that Apple may instead use picture quality-enhanced and tech-sharpened LCD displays, which has minor differences when compared to an OLED display, at least when seen through the eyes of consumers who may not have much knowledge when it comes to displays.
Next Story: HTC will stay committed to Android
- 2014-04-10: BMW OLED Laser Lights To Shape The Future Of Vehicle Lighting Systems
- 2014-01-06: LG Gallery OLED EA8800: Slim And Smart 55 HDTV
- 2013-12-31: Samsung Rumored To Increase OLED Panel Production Capacity By 33% In 2014
- 2013-12-02: Samsung Flexible OLED TV Rumored To Be Unveiled At CES 2014
- 2013-10-02: Sony 56-inch 4K OLED Prototype
- 2013-09-11: New PS Vita LCD Screen Compared To Previous Model's OLED Screen
- 2013-04-10: The Different Television Types Explained In 3 Minutes
- 2012-02-20: Samsung to spin-off LCD business
- 2012-02-15: Samsung might sell off LCD business
- 2011-10-26: Corning announces new Lotus Glass