Magellan has just given explorers and adventures one more reason to pick their GPS navigation devices. The company has announced that DigitalGlobe’s high-res satellite and aerial maps are now available for its eXplorist and Triton Outdoor GPS devices. These maps will give users access to virtually anywhere on the planet. The perfect companion for folk who like travelling to unknown places and exploring on their own (just remember to keep those batteries juiced).
Just in case you’re wondering what’s so great about DigitalGlobe maps, these high-resolution maps that have been created using satellite and aerial imagery are powerful and advantageous tools in the outdoors. Hunters will be able to use these detailed maps for pre-season scouting, anglers can use them to find new fishing holes, and geocachers can use them to spot obvious obstacles to avoid or trails to follow. DigitalGlobe’s maps will require an annual subscription fee of $29.99 and will give users access to the maps online and from their handheld GPS units. Find out more.
- 2014-04-14: Lechal Smart Shoes Update
- 2014-04-08: Toyota Sports Drive Logger Replays Circuit Runs At Home
- 2014-04-02: TomTom Runner Cardio GPS Sport Watch Announced
- 2014-03-27: Magellan SmartGPS 5390 Announced
- 2014-03-06: HereO Watch Helps Parents Keep Tabs On Their Kids
- 2013-10-03: Pack Your Hunting Gear: Magellan eXplorist 350H GPS Arrives At The US
- 2012-07-30: Magellan eXplorist TOPO! Special Editions for hikers announced
- 2012-06-20: Magellan announces partnership with Effigis to add OnPOZ software to its eXplorist Pro 10 GPS
- 2012-05-07: Magellan RoadMate portable automobile navigation range announced
- 2012-01-09: Magellan eXplorist 110 Handheld GPS