US Cellular’s version of the Samsung Galaxy S is known as the Mesmerize, and this particular model has started to receive the Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread update Just what kind of benefits does Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread bring? For starters, how about better power management as well as updated menus and settings? In addition, there will be new shortcuts to make life simpler as well as easy-to-read displays. If you’re getting used to a full touchscreen display and virtual keyboard, then text input and editing will also be faster courtesy of the improvements introduced.
Apart from that, it will be a whole lot faster and easier to copy numbers, addresses and website addresses before you paste them. The Mesmerize came with Android 2.1 Eclair originally, and just like the first generation Galaxy S, it will have a 4″ Super AMOLED display, a 1GHz processor, a 5-megapixel camera with 720p recording, and DLNA media sharing. Time to look out for your update on the phone – anyone given it a go yet?
- 2014-04-22 US Cellular Launches New 4G LTE Router
- 2014-04-06 Galaxy S5 For Verizon And US Cellular To Get Additional Anti-Theft Features
- 2014-03-21 US Cellular Galaxy S5 Pre-Orders Begin 21st March, Includes $50 Google Play Promotional Code
- 2014-02-04 Android 4.4.2 For US Cellular Moto X Could Be Released Soon
- 2013-11-25 US Cellular Announces Availability Of Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini For $50
- 2011-10-17 Samsung Galaxy S family goes beyond 30 million in sales
- 2011-02-25 Samsung Galaxy S i9000 to get Gingerbread in March?
- 2011-02-14 Samsung Galaxy S WiFi 5.0 and 4.0
- 2011-02-02 T-Mobile officially announces the Samsung Galaxy S 4G
- 2010-10-06 Samsung Mesmerize is US Cellular's Galaxy S