If you love all things that are blinged up, then chances are you would have set your heart and eyes on Mobiado’s range of handsets in the past. Granted, these are really expensive phones, but the kind of functionality that it comes with it are extremely basic to say the least. Mobiado intends to bedazzle a whole new generation of phone owners with their new Grand Touch series, where they will run on the Android 2.3 Gingerbread operating system right out of the box, not to mention sporting a 4″ Super AMOLED display to keep up with the times. This is certainly something that is far different from what Mobiado has been offering all this while.
The new handsets feature sapphire crystal buttons and sapphire crystal backplates, whereas the Grand Touch’s body comprises of “precision CNC machined from solid aircraft aluminum,” – with the Grand Touch GCB being plated in 24k gold. Now this is a phone that is worth pawning whenever times are hard, right? No idea on whether the pawn shop would be willing to accept it though.
There are no pricing details available at the moment, although the same kind of advise applies here – if you need to ask, you can’t afford it.
- 2012-03-05: Mobiado Grand Touch Aston Martin is souped up Nexus S
- 2011-09-06: Mobiado Grand 350 Aston Martin unveiled
- 2009-10-25: Mobiado 350 Pioneer luxury phone
- 2010-03-11: Mobiado Classic 712GCB luxury phone
- 2010-04-07: Mobiado CPT001 concept phone
- 2010-10-28: Mobiado 105 Damascus announced, is hand-forged like the One Ring
- 2010-11-16: Mobiado adds Classic 712 Stealth to its ultra-high end line
- 2010-11-23: Mobiado Unveils Classic 712 Mokume Gane Luxury Phone