If you’re still rocking on to MySpace, chances are you might have stumbled across the website’s down time this evening, but fret not – it was not hacked in any way. Basically, whoever visited the social network will see nothing but a blank page, where the browser’s title bar reads “All is wrong :(” where the MySpace name normally makes its appearance. As for the upper left corner of the page, it lets you know that “We messed up our code so bad that even puppies and kittens may be in danger. Please turn back …now.” Not only that, they retained their sense of humor even in such a situation by followig it up with the message, “* Have your pet spayed or neutered” in the lower right side.
MySpace representatives have yet to make an official comment on the downtime at theri site, but we do know that MySpace experienced an outage and was not, I repeat, it was not hacked in any way. I guess since MySpace’s fall from grace all those years ago in their fight against Facebook to be the dominant global social network, it has since faded into relative obscurity compared to its more illustrious rival, and has remained a more niche site for the younger crowd.
- 2011-08-17: Apple Store down – new product on the way? (updated)
- 2011-08-12: MySpace homepage down
- 2011-06-07: Skype is down, again (updated)
- 2011-05-26: Skype down: small number of users affected, temporary solution up
- 2011-05-13: PlayStation Network back online for developers?
- 2009-05-12: GizaPage: Social Network Organizer
- 2009-11-16: BlackBerry Internet Service down
- 2010-04-12: Microsoft Kin Cloud Phones Launched
- 2010-10-04: Foursquare Social Networking Down And Out For 9 Hours