If you’re having trouble installing the Android Gingerbread update for your myTouch 4G or G2 smartphones or for whatever reason you just don’t feel like doing the update yourself, you’re in luck. Starting this Saturday, August 6th, the helpful staff over at T-Mobile’s retail outlets will be helping users the latest Android update for their devices – Android 2.3.4 for the myTouch 4G and Android 2.3.3 for the G2.
While they won’t root the phone and install a custom ROM for you, it’s better than nothing, especially for the not so tech-savvy people who have no clue about updating their devices. Just remember to make a back up of your files at home before you visit the stores because the update will wipe your phone, though the files on your SD card should remain safe – it’s better to be safe than sorry. And it will take about 30 minutes of your day – or longer, depending on whether there is a queue or not.
How many of you will be taking advantage of this helpful service this weekend?
Next Story: Nokia N9 arrives in 49 days
- 2014-04-23 T-Mobile To Offer Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 In The Summer
- 2014-04-23 LG Optimus L90 & L70 Launches On T-Mobile And MetroPCS
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile Abolishes Consumer Overages
- 2014-04-14 T-Mobile CEO Reveals Gold Samsung Galaxy S5
- 2014-04-13 Nokia Monarch Could Be T-Mobile's Lumia 635
- 2011-07-28 T-Mobile G2 finally receives Gingerbread
- 2011-07-26 T-Mobile G2X finally receives Gingerbread today
- 2011-07-19 T-Mobile myTouch 4G Slide up for pre-order now
- 2011-07-12 HTC Desire Z Gingerbread almost here
- 2011-02-17 HTC Desire to get Gingerbread update in the near future