If you’re wondering when your Thunderbolt phone will finally get Gingerbread, you might not have to wait too long for it. It’s been reported that the Android Gingerbread update for the 4G LTE phone on Verizon has managed to find its way online – and this time it’s not like the previously leaked test builds for the phone. This Gingerbread update is said to be the official build from HTC, although it isn’t the final version of it yet. This can only mean that users of the phone are one step closer to getting the actual Gingerbread update.
Impatient folks who are interested in getting the Thunderbolt updated with the unofficial build can head over to theMikMik.com for more detailed instructions and files on how to go about the update. As usual, remember to back up your device in case anything goes wrong. If you do attempt the update, let us know how it goes for you.
Next Story: New Battlefield 3 trailer looks fantastic
- 2014-04-16: Possible Redesigned Google+ App For Android Spotted
- 2014-04-15: Google Glass Android 4.4 KitKat Update Arrives
- 2014-04-15: Line Messaging App Announces New Sticons Feature
- 2014-04-13: Google Redesigning Android App Icons [Rumor]
- 2014-04-10: Age Of Empires: World Domination Greets iOS, Android And Windows Phone Platforms This Year
- 2011-10-17: HTC Thunderbolt Gingerbread update returning soon
- 2011-06-26: Gingerbread coming soon for HTC Thunderbolt
- 2011-04-29: Verizon HTC ThunderBolt update ready to roll out
- 2011-04-11: Gingerbread coming to ThunderBolt and EVO 4G
- 2011-04-01: HTC Thunderbolt outsells the iPhone 4 on Verizon?