The Android Market might still be miles away from being on par with the App Store from Apple in terms of sales volume and number of apps, but that does not mean it has no strong following. In fact, the Android Market has been doing rather well for itself, and word has it that there will be a newer version of the Android Market
It wasn’t long ago that we first saw the new Android Market grace our presence and become available for download. Well, there’s a new version in town that brings a couple of new tweaks that are more than welcomed and that some people have been waiting for. It seems that you can now use a PIN number to confirm your purchases – something that users of the Android Market have long been clamoring for. At least this prevents you from a shocker of a bill whenever your kids purchase apps without your knowledge.
Not only that, with version 3.1.3 of the Android Market, you will be able to take advantage of the +1 application that comes with this particular version. Anyone willing to give the new version of the Android Market a go? Just make sure that you check “Unknown Sources” in the Settings > Applications menu.
Next Story: HTC Status in mid-life crisis?
- 2014-04-24 ARM Expects 64-bit Android Devices By End Of The Year
- 2014-04-23 XCOM: Enemy Unknown Android Version Coming Soon
- 2014-04-23 OnePlus' Marketing Stunt Asks The Public To Smash The Past
- 2014-04-21 Leaked Android Dialer App Screenshot Shows Slight Makeover
- 2014-04-21 Apple And Google Reportedly Vying For Mobile Game Exclusives
- 2011-11-28 Android Market to obtain games in South Korea
- 2011-10-21 500,000 published apps and counting on Android Market
- 2011-08-22 Buy now, pay later for Vodafone Android users
- 2011-06-26 Android Market website now offers review breakdowns
- 2011-06-20 Google Movies now available on Motorola Xoom WiFi tablets