Word has it that the next superphone which runs on Google’s Android operating system would ne the Nexus Prime – and what’s so great about it? How about this for starters – the Nexus Prime will run on the next version of the Android operating system, currently dubbed as Ice Cream Sandwich. It seems that the Nexus Prime is set to arrive this coming October 4th, where it will come with a 4.5″ Super AMOLED display to keep your eyes extremely happy, what with a resolution of 1,280 x 720 pixels. Not only that, the 1.5GHz dual core processor would also do its bit to make sure everything runs as smoothly as possible without any dropped framerates or slowdown in the user interface.
Apart from that, it has been alleged that the Nexus Prime will carry LTE connectivity – now that would certainly place it on par with many of the newer Android-powered smartphones that have been launched in the past year. One thing’s for sure, to have Google’s Nexus Prime and Apple’s iPhone 5 go toe-to-toe this coming Halloween season would be an epic battle, no?
- 2014-04-18: Future Google Nexus Smartphone Might Have MediaTek Solution Powering It
- 2014-03-18: Nexus Wall Charger On Google Play Store
- 2014-02-24: Nexus 6 Relies On 64-bit 8-Core Snapdragon 810 (Rumor)
- 2014-02-06: Next Nexus Tablet Will Be Built By HTC [Rumor]
- 2014-01-20: Intel-Powered Nexus 8 Could Arrive In 2014
- 2011-10-18: Samsung Nexus Prime announced by NTT DoCoMo in Japan
- 2011-10-14: Samsung Nexus Prime might not be the only stock Ice Cream Sandwich phone launched this year
- 2011-10-13: Samsung Nexus Prime/Google Android Ice Cream Sandwich unveiling confirmed for 19th
- 2011-10-12: Samsung Nexus Prime launch pushed to the 19th?
- 2011-08-26: Samsung Nexus Prime receives WiFi certification