Rumor has it that Nokia will begin to receive its first batch of Windows Phone 7-powered devices when September rolls around – according to media in Taiwan, of course. Local contractor and regular Nokia supplier Compal is touted to ship a cool 2 million of such smartphones in time for fall, and this nugget of information came from local investment firm worker and former tech journalist Dan Nystedt.
There is no exact shipping date just yet, but you will be able to get the right date after 30 guesses if you’re down and out on your luck. To date, only a single handset has been positively identified as being on the way, where it will most likely be the fully complete version of a Sea Ray prototype.
Other hardware specifications are said to be a 3.9″ AMOLED display and a Snapdragon processor, similar to the N9 which runs on MeeGo. Of course, you will also get Windows Phone navigation buttons in the hardware, not to mention an 8-megapixel camera and at least 16GB of storage space. Will this two million units be enough to help Nokia out of the doldrums?RELATED
- Huawei Glory 4 Or Honor 4 Could Be Introduced Next Week
- Forbes: Windows Phone Could Overtake iOS In Due Time
- Olloclip Macro 3-In-1 Photo Lens
- This App Can Turn Your Smartphone Into A 3D Scanner
- Heyday App Creates A Journal Of Your Life Without Your Input
- Follow: Nokia, windows phone 7, wp7,
- Seen at: twitter