Barnes & Noble’s Nook e-book reader is definitely more interesting to own now – after all, there has been an announcement of a back-to-school promotion which will allow students to access $100 worth of free books and study tools as long as they purchase a new Nook e-book reader. Students might groan at this, but parents who want their kids to pick up the reading habit will definitely find this to be welcome news.
The educational content package will comprise of a collection of a dozen of the company’s Classics books and 12 SparkNotes study guides, not to mention Nook Study guides and four Nook apps which will be available for free.
The Classics package comprises of titles such as A Tale of Two Cities, Beowulf, Ivanhoe, Crime and Punishment, and The Portrait of the Artist as a Young Woman – with others accompanying it. Spark Notes guides will also ensure popular required reading materials such as To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby and The Catcher in the Rye being made available. This promotion will run through September 11, but don’t be a last minute person as buyers will need to register your devices before October 31st.
- 2014-03-13 Nook App For Windows Halted
- 2014-02-26 Next Generation NOOK Tablet Is In The Pipeline
- 2014-02-10 Barnes & Noble Fired Nook Engineering Staff [Rumor]
- 2014-01-09 Barnes & Noble Sees Dismal Nook Sales During Holiday Season
- 2013-11-11 NOOK GlowLight Has A Hidden Browser
- 2011-11-23 Nook Simple Touch going for just $79
- 2011-05-20 New Barnes & Noble Nook Color partitioned with 1GB for user storage
- 2011-05-17 Barnes & Noble sends out invitation for a special event next week
- 2011-01-24 Barnes & Noble phases out Nook 3G e-book reader
- 2010-12-20 Barnes & Noble ready to upgrade Nook Color e-book readers to Android 2.2 Froyo