Don’t you just hate it that you received a parking ticket for being 5 minutes too late to feed the parking meter for the bay where you’re vehicle is comfortably residing in? I don’t know about you, but that normally happens to me on Mondays. Ah well, if only there was a more efficient method of feeding such hungry parking meters without making a mad dash for it once the alarm on your smartphone goes off as a reminder. New York City has plans to test new “pay by phone” parking meters which will actually inform motorists that you’re running out of time, and you can always purchase additional minutes over the phone – all without having to make a trip back to your vehicle. How neat is that?
Around 300 spots will feature the new technology soon – and bear in mind that this is not new, since Atlanta and Washington already do see such parking meters in action, where New York City will be getting theirs for the length of a year in a pilot program.
You will need to register online first before you are eligible to make use of this service, and good thing this is a one time registration process.RELATED
- Google Glass Plays Nice With WordPress Unofficially
- Samsung Co-CEO Acknowledges Possibility Of Flexible TVs
- Zepp 3D Motion Sensor Lets You Analyze Your Baseball, Golf Or Tennis Swing
- First Wearable App Awards Results Are Out
- Microsoft Store 12 Days Of Deals List Leaks Online
- Follow: new york city, nyc,
- Seen at: nypost